Sunday, July 26, 2015

Wagon Flower Box

My oh-so-handy husband made me this lovely flower box a while back.  He took an old wagon axle and built a wood box and a handle.  Since this was a surprise, I don't have any pictures from the process, but I did take some when I was planting it this year.  Needless to say, I love it!

Right after planting.

 From the back.






 This homemade handle helps with moving it to mow.  It is very heavy.


Instead of filling the entire box with soil and flowers, I put separate pots in it.  There are holes drilled in the bottom to help with drainage.  


 This is a couple of months after planting. 

I've had several people tell me they would buy it...but sorry, it's not for sale.

2 comments:

  1. An amazing Wagon Flower Box! Liked this idea a lot. Going to throw a DIY party for my husband at one of his favorite party venues in SF. Looking for some interesting spring themed décor ideas for the party to surprise him.

    ReplyDelete