Friday, July 1, 2016

Science Templates

I'm excited for the new school year! There's going to be a lot of changes for me and for our students. In the past I taught 6th and 7th grade science and one or two social studies classes.  This year I will be moving rooms and teaching 7th and 8th grade science and two Project Lead The Way classes. I created a couple of resources for when we do dissections and electrophoresis that I'm sharing here.

Things can get pretty messy during dissections. To make sure I get all of my tools back I created a place mat. Students will initial or sign next to the check in to verify they started with the tools and next to check out when they are done to make sure they are returned and not accidentally thrown away.



Middle school students are not known to be very good at following directions. One of our labs involves solving a crime using electrophoresis. To ensure the best possible results I created a map so students can hook the wires up properly and put the samples in the correct cell. I am going to laminate these so they can be reused. 


No comments:

Post a Comment